Our Goal: To shift the paradigm from punishing people for what they do wrong to acknowledging people for what they do right, in order to…
- Eradicate bullying and cyber-bullying
- Avert adolescent suicide
- Ignite passion, purpose and prosperity
- Inspire appreciation, respect, and love
- Make dreams come true.
- Increase productivity
Difference Makers provides a range of leadership training programs for schools, universities, corporations, organizations, families and religious institiutions. Our acknowledgment products and community events create awareness that helps to maximize the human potential of all poeple where they live, work and learn.
Our Trainings and Programs:
“Who I Am Makes A Difference”® Blue Ribbon &
“10-Step Blue Ribbon Ceremony”™:
Changing Lives in a Minute or Less Through the Power of Acknowledgment
Bully NO More!:
Giving Youth a Voice for Change
Standing Strong Together™ Community Building Leadership: Train-to-Train System.
Teaching Humanity How to Love
DMI Tools and Trainings
The following are just some of the available training programs. Contact our office to review the complete range of programs available including those that can be customized for your group.
Changing Lives in a Minute or Less Through the Power of Acknowledgment:
“WHO I AM MAKES A DIFFERENCE”® BLUE RIBBON &
“10-STEP BLUE RIBBON CEREMONY”™
A Pay It Forward system – One-Minute Blue Ribbon Ceremony unlocks human potential.
Impact: People of all ages throughout the world.
Method: In a minute or less this powerful, heart-felt tangible visible tool and ceremony gives people of all ages a vehicle to express their appreciation, respect and love, empower dreams and make a positive contribution to their community, country and world. Each person honored is presented with two additional Blue Ribbons to Pay It Forward.
Translated: Blue Ribbons are available in: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Hebrew, Hawaiian, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Swedish.
Results: This ceremony has eradicated bullying, averted adolescent suicide, built positive relationships between people of all ages and helped make dreams come true.
POWER OF ACKNOWLEDGMENT – THE FOUNDATION (1/2 day)
“You Can Get There From Here” – The Art of Acknowledgment
• Action plan that brings out the greatness in Everyone
• Create Compassionate and Authentic Connections
STANDING STRONG TOGETHER™ LEADERSHIP TRAINING (2.5 days scheduled 4-6 times per year)
Trainer: Helice “Sparky” Bridges
Delivered to: Teens and adults throughout the world representing schools, community, businesses, organizations and institutions.
System: 5-Star Foundation – Maximizing Human Potential
- Acknowledge Worth of Self
- Acknowledge Worth of Others
- Communicate with Compassion and Love
- Empower & Support Dreams
- Make a Difference in Your Community, Country and World
Method of Delivery:
Skype: 5 weeks (2 hrs. per week) or Personal Workshops 2.5 days
- Teens and adults learn together
- 52 Page Curriculum guides participants through the Power of Acknowledgement hands-on experiential process to change lives in a minute or less.
Results: Nerissa Cutten – 15 years old Interact Club
“Absolutely amazing! Here’s an organization that’s figured out the heart of the problem. The ‘Standing Strong Together’ Community Building Leadership Training gives kids a way to not only follow their dreams but also offers us an easy way to solve the major problems of the world.”
HIGH IMPACT LEADERSHIP TRAINING FOR BUSINESSES (1/2 -1 day)
“Leadership” – Reach your Highest Potential
• Be a Model for Proactive Leadership
• Inner and Outer Bottom-Line
• Empower others to build proactive communities
HIGH IMPACT RELATIONSHIPS TRAINING (1/2 -1 day)
“Being the Change” – The One Minute Acknowledgment
• Acknowledgment to create positive social change
• Listen & communicate with compassion to be heard and respected
• Create a caring, compassionate and creative community that brings out the goodness and
greatness in everyone.
COMMUNITY BUILDING PROGRAM (1/2 – 1 day) or BLUE RIBBON WEEK (1 week)
“Uniting Youth & Adults” – Create Positive Social Change
- Discover how to acknowledge the worth and importance of self and others.
- Experience the power of acknowledgment to end bullying, raise self-worth and building positive relationships in the home, school and workplace.
- Co-create an action plan to weave the vital life skill of acknowledgment into every fiber of your community.
- Schools:Teachers, Administrators, Students grades K-12th and Universities
- Family: Moms, Dads, Grandparents and Siblings
- Organizations: Boys & Girls Clubs, Girl & Boy Scouts, YMCA, YWCA,Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions, Chambers of Commerce, etc.
- Sports Groups: Coaches, Athletes, Members and Families
- Public Service: Mayor, Police, City Council, Elected officials
- Medical: Hospitals, Hospice, Nursing Homes, Doctors, Health Professionals, Patients
- Houses of Worship: Ministers, Spiritual Leaders, Congregants and Volunteers
- Philanthropists: Individuals, Foundations and Corporate Sponsors
Purpose of Programs:
- To provide educational tools for schools in which children are able to express their unique talents and contributions and recognized for their individuality.
- To provide trainings for individuals interested in speaking publicly on behalf of recognizing and acknowledging others.
- To offer products, programs and community services which stimulate and inspire people to make a difference.
- To spotlight and unite individuals and groups who are making a difference in their community, country and world.
BULLY NO MORE! Giving Youth a Voice for Change
Delivered to: Grades K-12.
Method of Delivery:
- 45 minute Teacher In-Service (taught by DMI adult and youth trainers)
- 1.5 hr. Student Train-to-Train workshop (elementary) 2 hr.
- (middle/high school)
- 45 – 60 minute School Assembly (elementary) 1.5- 2 hr. (middle/high school)
- 1 hr. Parent Night (elementary) 1.5 hr. (middle/high school)
- 30 minute Classroom Training (elementary) 50 minute (middle/high school) Program is presented by trained students and delivered to every classroom in the school.
- Community Outreach/Service Project – every student, teacher and staff member receives three “Who I Am Makes A Difference”® Blue Ribbons to honor people in their community.
- Classroom writing and literacy project – students draw, write and/or tell the result of their Blue Ribbon acknowledgements.
- One-year follow-up program offers students opportunities to:
- Deliver trainings to other schools, school board officials, businesses, community leaders, family etc.
- Receive monthly lesson plans that enhance students’ ability to express their appreciation, respect and love.
- Publish and/or deliver their Blue Ribbon stories via: social media, radio and TV.
Results: Principals and teachers report that this prevention and intervention system helps children:
- Enhance self-esteem
- Increase academic excellence
- Acknowledge and accept all people
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Build positive relationships in their home, school and community
To sign up for any of our programs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMAGINE…revitalizing the human spirit
One School – One Family – One Community at a Time