Difference Makers International (DMI) gives children and adults life-skills through education, leadership development and Pay It Forward community outreach programs so they become confident, creative, and successful citizens able to transform mediocrity and negativity into a world of possibility, pro-activity, and prosperity.
Why Our Work Matters:
- 2 out of every 3 teens are verbally or physically harassed or assaulted each year. (Mental Health Systems, Inc.)
- 42% of kids are bullied on the internet (Mental Health Systems, Inc.)
- Adolescent suicide has increased 400% in the past 30 years (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- 50% of students drop out of school before receiving their diploma (First 5 California)
- 2 out of every 3 Americans have low self-esteem (Gallup Poll)
- $100 billion a year is lost by companies in the United States dues to alcohol and drug related abuse by employees. (National Clearing House for Alcohol and Drug Information)
Difference Makers International builds communities that Give Youth a Voice for Change. Our youth train-to-train life skills, education, acknowledgement products and leadership development Pay It Forward system offer young people hands-on opportunities to teach their peers, teachers, parents, sibling and neighbors how to eradicate bullying, avert adolescent suicide, inspire appreciation, respect and love, ignite passion, purpose and prosperity and help make dreams come true where they live, work and learn.